2019 Course Update - Certificate In Applied Sports Nutrition
Evidence Based Sports Nutrition - Sports Nutrition Association
The Sports Nutrition Australia Certificate in Applied Sports Nutrition is the first and only educational program that combines the International Society of Sports Nutrition’s (ISSN) SNS certification with Metabolic Health’s Screening System, Practical case studies, and applied programming principles in a format that provides you with the necessary skills & qualifications to be recognised as an Accredited Sports Nutritionist (giving you full insurable scope of practise in Sports Nutrition to write meal plans for healthy clientele). You also will receive access to an existing network of allied health practitioners to work with for medically high-risk clientele. Bringing practitioners and coaches together.
The difference between Nutrition & Sports Nutrition in Australia is that except for Sports Nutrition Australia’s Certification, all current education is directed at the the clinical treatment and prevention of chronic disease. Subjects like the bodies metabolism, interventions for weight gain, weight loss, muscle gain, and muscle reduction aren’t covered in much detail if at all.Which is what the majority of coaches & exercise scientists/physiologists clients want to achieve…. and it’s not even being taught. Not to mention which nutrients fuel specific activities or optimise recovery from others. Sports Nutrition is not just about sporting teams and athletes but covers everything you need to know to feel and change your, and your clients’ bodies composition for the better.
The Certification will provide you with:
- Education on:
- Thermodynamics, Energy Systems & Fuel Sources
- Evidence Based Sports Nutrition Programming
- Applied Sports & Bodycomposition Nutrition Programming
- Macro nutrients & their roles
- Applied Nutritional Physiology – Digestion, & Hormonal Adaptations
- Evidence Based Sports Supplements
- Food reporting auditing and tracking
- Data interpretation
- The current ISSN position stands
- Education & training on the SNS exam
- Education & training on how to program nutrition for optimal body composition
- Education on how to program for increased sports and athletic performance
- Educations & training on how to screen & assess for hi-risk clientele. Then how to refer and work with allied health specialists.
It runs for approximately 8-12 weeks and has 1 practical assessment day for the screen training, and another for the ISSN-SNS exam and assessments.
We recommend all participants continue to the Graduate Diploma – Applied Sports Nutrition & Exercise Physiology Program, which is a 12-18month practical based program with the ISSN’s CISSN exam upon completion.